Friday, October 23, 2009

Alt Derangement Syndrome

I have an alt. I never bring him out, though. But I have an alt.

Somewhat recently I was loitering around a conversation involving distrust of alts. Not entirely out of order, this distrust, but it's still a chin tapper.

Simply having an avatar in Second Life makes one an alt. Second Life. If you're concerned that someone you meet is being inauthentic due to having or being an alt, then perhaps you should take a sharp survey of your own avatar.

Does it look just like you? Behave just like you? Shop just like you?

No. Well, sometimes close. But overall, no.

We're only afraid of being conned because we're all already cons. It's a dry pill. It may get stuck in your esophagus. Be patient, drink more water. It'll dissolve in a moment.

2 comments:

  1. There are alts for exploration or inventory reduction, and then there are alts for lies. I'm a fan of the first type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I had a capsule pill get stuck in my throat, only I didn't know it, I just thought my throat was feeling weird from taking the pill (I take pills about as well as a cat does), and then about 5 min later after the capsule coating dissolved I coughed and all this powder flew out. It was weird. Um. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete